Achieving your learning goals isn't easy, but you can do it! The PARC and its resources are here to help you become a masterful learner.
Deeper Learning = Higher Grades Learning With A Tutor = Deeper Learning Come Learn With Us!
The Professional Studies and Fine Arts (PSFA) Academic Resource Center (PARC) is a collaborative community in which PSFA and ROTC students achieve their learning goals. In the PARC, students develop the cognitive and metacognitive strategies, confidence, and self-knowledge to persist, graduate, and become masterful learners.
The Professional Studies and Fine Arts Academic Resource Center (PARC) strives to be an affirming community for the culturally and educationally diverse students in the College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts and ROTC where they can maximize their learning; dream big; connect with peers, caring staff, and campus resources; and engage in meaningful self-reflection as they work to achieve their learning goals.
- Belonging: Every PSFA student experiences community at SDSU.
- Student agency: Students are the experts about themselves, not us; we are collaborators.
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (JEDI): We see and affirm students’ lived experiences, which shape our work.
- Responsibility: We hold ourselves to the highest standard as educators, utilizing research-based or data-informed learning theory and pedagogies in all interactions with students.
- Respect: We honor and maintain student confidentiality. We respect our students’ investment in their education.
- Collaboration: We work in collaboration with other academic support programs on campus, learning assistance programs at other schools, and professional organizations in the field of learning assistance, including member organizations in the Council for Learning Assistance and Developmental Education Associations (CLADEA).
- Adaptability: We prize creativity, innovation, and problem-solving, keeping in clear focus our commitment to the students we serve.
- College of Arts & Letters Student Success Center
- EOP Learning Support Center
- Fowler College of Business Tutoring
- Math & Stats Learning Center
- Residential Education STAR Centers
- RWS Writing Mentors
- SDSU Supplemental Instruction Program
- SDSU Writing Center
- Student-Athlete Academic Support Services
- TRiO-SSS Tutoring
Hours of Operation
**The PARC will be closed from May 5, 2023 to August 20, 2023 for finals and summer break. See you next school year!**
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
We also have a virtual learning center on Discord that SDSU community members are welcome to join! On our Discord, students can hangout, get help making tutoring or coaching appointments from our welcome desk staff, and to ask quick questions of our tutors and learning coaches.