College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts
Life-changing student experiences begin in PSFA. The college is home to over 40 student clubs ranging from professional and cultural, to hospitality and performance; activities such as forensics, study abroad, musical theatre, college council, and film society; as well as research, scholarly, and creative activities.
With the support of the largest alumni group at SDSU, PSFA bridges the college experience by providing students with professional opportunities through internships and contact with industry professionals in the classroom and the community.
PSFA is a kaleidoscope. Being together in our differences, we create something unique and beautiful.
- On average, PSFA places 700 students in professional internships each year
- PSFA is the only College at SDSU to offer an International Minor
- PSFA offers nearly 130 scholarship opportunities with a value of more than $800,000
- The L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is able to boast a 100 percent placement rate for its graduates due to relationships with global partners
- Nearly 65 percent of all K-12 music teachers in San Diego County were educated in the School of Music and Dance
- The School of Communication offers the only degree in Health Communication in the state
- The School of Theatre, Television and Film is one of only two schools in the U.S. to offer an MFA in Musical Theatre